Can you take walk-ins?
We would love to talk walk-in appointments at Ink Jam, but many days Jim and Janella are already booked up in advance. If you can, making an appointment in advance is the best way to set up time to get your tattoo.
How do I make an appointment at Ink Jam?
Give us a call at 781-316-2393 or email email@example.com to set up a consultation, which usually takes about 10 or 15 minutes.
Can I bring in a picture or idea of what I'd like? What if I'm not sure?
It's helpful if you have an idea of what you'd like for your tattoo and where you'd like it placed. If you have any references, printouts, etc of subject, style, color, or font please bring those in with you. Be open to suggestions from your artist. We know what makes the best tattooable images, what ages well, and what will work best on your body. We're happy to work together with you to craft your ideas into an awesome piece of body art.
How long will my tattoo take?
During your consultation, we will give you an idea of how long your tattoo will take to complete. Some small tattoos are less than half an hour. Some large pieces will require several sessions, with healing time in between.
What will my tattoo cost?
We offer competitive prices so you can get a beautiful tattoo without breaking the bank. There is a $100, minimum and most tattoos cost about $150 per hour. Tribal tattoos (solid black and/or color) and tattoos in difficult locations cost $200 per hour. Most of the time, your artist will modify or redraw your image in order to make it work for your tattoo. Ink Jam charges a non-refundable required drawing fee for each drawing.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and cash. If you prefer to pay in cash, there is an ATM conveniently located in the Peter Pan on the corner of the block.
What if I have to cancel my appointment?
Please let us know at least 48 hours in advance. A last-minute cancellation or no-call/no-show will require you to leave a $150 deposit to reschedule your appointment. This deposit goes toward the cost of your tattoo, unless there is a second last-minute cancellation or no-call/no-show, in which case your deposit will be forfeited.
How do I care for my new tattoo?
• Treat your new tattoo as an open wound. Keep it clean. Do not touch healing tattoos without clean hands.
• Before cleaning the tattooed area, wash hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap and water.
• The aftercare of your tattoo will greatly determine the way your tattoo will look once it has fully healed.
• Wear your bandage for 1 hour, then remove it and wash your tattoo with antibacterial soap.
• With clean hands, apply a very thin layer of Aquaphor ointment to your tattoo a few minutes after washing. You should have no build up of ointment on your tattoo.
• You will need to wash your new tattoo 2 to 3 times daily as above and re-apply Aquaphor ointment as needed.
• Avoid bodywash, lotions, soaps, and shampoos that have fragrances.
• Do not swim or go into a hot tub for at least 2 weeks after receiving your tattoo.
• Avoid direct sun exposure to your tattoo.
• After the tattoo has fully healed, you will want to wear sunscreen over it when spending time in direct sunlight to keep it looking bright and new. Do not apply sunscreen to a tattoo that has not fully healed.
Your tattoo will be applied with sterile equipment and procedures and with non-toxic colors. We guarantee the workmanship. However, healing and caring for your new tattoo is YOUR responsibility.
Consult your health care provider for:
• Unexpected redness, tenderness, and swelling
• Unexpected drainage
• Fever within the first 24-72 hours after the procedure.